This Puffy Mattress Review will give you the best information possible in your search for the perfect mattress.
Puffy mattress is a relatively new brand that has taken the market by storm. It’s one of those mattresses that quite a few people are raving about because it provides great support and comfort without emptying your wallet.
We’ll cover all the details about this revolutionary, premium mattress so that you can make a well-informed decision before buying.
If you have back discomfort, this mattress can aid you in sleeping better at night. The contour-adapting foam of this mattress will keep you cool and comfortable in the hot summer. Additionally, this bed will provide you with the most effective back support. The memory foam construction of the bed is a fantastic solution to back pain and will give you a better night’s sleep.
Puffy Mattress Features
- Made in the USA. Puffy Mattresses are proudly developed and manufactured in the United States. To ensure that you sleep on a high-quality mattress, we use premium materials and methods.
- 101-Night Sleep Trial. Want to experience the luxury of sleeping on a cloud before committing? You can sleep on Puffy for a whole 101 nights to see how comfortable it is. If you are unhappy with the mattress, you can return it for a full refund.
- Lifetime Warranty. The quality and craftsmanship of the Puffy Mattress are covered by our lifetime warranty for as long as you sleep on it. We make enhancing your sleep as risk-free as possible.
- Free shipping. Get the best night’s sleep of your life delivered to your door for free within 2 to 5 business days. We’ll pick up your mattress for free and give you a full refund if you don’t like it.
- Works With Any Bed Frame or Box spring. Puffy Mattress can be used with any type of frame or surface, including box springs, flat frames, slats, and even adjustable frames. Do you require a new frame? You have the option of choosing between the Puffy Bed Frame and the Puffy Adjustable Base.
- Designed For All Sleep Positions. The Puffy Mattress is adaptable enough to mold to your body while delivering optimum comfort, whether you sleep on your side or stomach. For all types of sleepers, Puffy has placed first in a number of Best Mattress categories.
- Innovative 5-Layer Sleep System. The meticulously designed sleep system is designed to provide the ideal combination of cooling, comfort, and support. For a restful night’s sleep, enjoy support without sinking, enhanced motion isolation, and temperature regulation.
- Perfect For Sensitive Sleepers. The Puffy Mattress cover is hypoallergenic and meant to protect your mattress while you sleep by preventing troublesome dust mites, dust, and other allergens from entering and irritating you.
- Stay Cool All Night. For best temperature regulation, the foam is laced with cooling gel. It’s cool to the touch and doesn’t absorb heat, allowing you to sleep comfortably all night.
- Complete Full-Body Support. Puffy’s high-density foams are engineered to adapt and mold to the shape of the body. As your back rotates throughout the night, you’ll feel organized support.
- Total Motion Isolation. The Puffy Mattress’ exceptional motion isolation allows you to toss and turn without disturbing your sleep partner, ensuring that both of you get the finest night’s sleep possible.
- Unique Stain-Resistant Cover. The Puffy Mattress has a noise-free, stain-resistant Cloud Cover that is ideal for families. Sleep on a fresh mattress night after night with simplicity by just washing your mattress cover in the washing machine.
Puffy Mattress Models
There are 3 models to choose from if you live in the United States. The original Puffy is their most affordable model, costing roughly half as much as the Puffy Lux and less than half as much as the Puffy Royal. The Lux Hybrid and Royal Hybrid are two hybrid models offered by Puffy.
The Puffy original is 10 inches thick, the Puffy Lux Hybrid is 12 inches, and Puffy Royal Hybrid measures 14 inches in height.
Original Puffy Mattress
The original memory foam mattress is ideal for all sleepers who require sufficient body support in a cool and comfortable environment.
Puffy Lux Mattress
The Puffy Lux model is the greatest luxury hybrid memory foam mattress with contour-adapt coils for back pain relief, stability, and temperature management.
Puffy Royal Mattress
The Puffy Royal hybrid mattress is a top-of-the-line luxury hybrid memory foam mattress which features zoned full-body support and is ideal for sleepers seeking unrivaled comfort, cooling, and stability.
Puffy Mattress Sizes & Prices
The price range of the original Puffy mattress is between $599 and $1,149.
- Twin size: $599
- Twin XL: $649
- Full size: $799
- Queen size: $949
- King Size: $1,149
- California King size: $1,149
What is Puffy Mattress Made of?
Puffy Mattresses are made of premium non-toxic CertiPUR-US® certified memory foam with low Volatile Organic Compound emissions, free of harmful chemicals and heavy metals, for good indoor air quality. The Puffy is a bed-in-a-box mattress made entirely of foam that is supposed to keep your spine in a neutral position.
Multiple memory foam layers with different firmness levels provide pressure point relief which makes this all-foam mattress a good choice for combination sleepers.
Base Layer of Foam
The support layer of the Puffy is comprised of high density polyfoam, which is a typical support material in bed-in-a-box mattresses. This layer gives the mattress with robust and stable support.
The next layer is a responsive poly foam layer called “Climate Comfort.” This aids in lowering you to the support foam underneath and has a firmer feel without excessive pressure points.
A “Gel Cloud” comfort layer is the upper layer that sits directly beneath the cover. This cooling cloud foam layer will help you sleep cooler and keep body heat away from you than a standard memory foam mattress. This gel-infused memory foam with gel infusion is extremely soft, allowing you to sink into the mattress for excellent pressure relief.
The Puffy mattress breathable cover is stain-resistant and hypoallergenic. These are fantastic benefits for everybody who uses our mattress for children. The polyester-blend cover is also soft and warm, and helps to regulate body temperature insuring a cool sleep during hot summers.
Who Is Puffy Mattress For?
The Puffy mattress is best for those who sleep on their sides. The Puffy is particularly good at alleviating pressure, which is crucial for side sleepers.
If you’re a side sleeper, mattresses that are too firm or don’t cradle the body enough may fail to provide spinal alignment. Side sleepers frequently suffer pressure and discomfort in their shoulders and hips when their spine is out of alignment.
For side sleepers weighing 230 pounds or fewer, the Puffy is an excellent alternative. The medium firmness will provide enough support and spinal alignment for those sleeper types. However, heavier side sleepers or person may require a firmer mattress.
The Puffy mattress is the least comfortable for stomach sleepers. In general, stomach sleepers choose mattresses that are more supportive and responsive. Mattresses with deep contouring, such as the Puffy, might cause stomach sleepers to sink in too much, putting undue strain on the neck.
Depending on their weight and personal preference, some lighter stomach or combo sleepers may find comfort in the Puffy. However, most stomach sleepers who weigh 150 pounds or more will find the Puffy mattress to be too soft and conforming.
The Puffy is most likely to satisfy the demands of lightweight back sleepers. The Puffy’s medium firmness setting provides enough lumbar support for most back sleepers weighing less than 200 pounds. Back sleepers may experience lower back discomfort or even pain if their mattress does not provide adequate lumbar support.
Back sleepers who weigh more than 200 pounds should look for a new mattress. Because of its foam structure and softness, the Puffy will not sufficiently support the majority of sleepers in this group. In comparison to the Puffy, which is rated as a medium firmness on the firmness scale, a firmer mattress would be a better match for a heavy body weight back sleeper.
How Does the Puffy Mattress Perform?
A breathable cover and a cooling gel infusion in the top layer of memory foam round out the Puffy. The second layer is similarly intended to keep the body at a comfortable temperature.
When we put the Puffy mattress to the test, we noticed that it did trap some heat. It doesn’t sleep as hot as some of the other memory foam mattresses we’ve tried, but it might not be cool enough for individuals who sleep hot.
Motion Control & Motion Transfer
When it comes to purchasing a mattress, all couples should consider motion transfer. Both spouses will be able to sleep soundly on their respective sides of the mattress with a mattress that reduces motion transfer. If it doesn’t, brace yourself for a restless night’s sleep.
The top layer of the Puffy mattress is high quality memory foam, which is recognized for its ability to absorb motion. So it’s no surprise that the Puffy mattress doesn’t have a lot of motion transmission.
Mattresses that are springier and more responsive are better for sex than the conforming Puffy mattress. While the Puffy mattress tends to limit movement, these mattresses have a “bounce” that complements it.
The Puffy is a near-silent mattress, which is an advantage in the sex department. Unlike innerspring and hybrid mattresses, which may creak or squeak when moved, the Puffy should not make any noises when moved.
For an all-foam mattress, the Puffy Mattress has above-average edge support. When you get on and off the mattress or sleep at the edges, the perimeter may sink a little, but you’ll notice some bounce-back and decent support.
If you want to sit on the edge of your bed, this is also a nice option. Edge support can also indicate how long a mattress will last and whether it will droop over time.
The Puffy gel memory foam mattress off-gasses a little after it’s been opened, which is to be expected with an all-foam mattress. Many produced materials emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs), but polyfoam emits the strongest odor. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) released into the air by new mattress material causes off-gassing.
The smell of off-gassing, which should disappear after a day or so in a well-ventilated area, won’t bother most people. People who are sensitive to chemical odors should stay out of the room for the first 24 hours after unboxing.
Is the Puffy Mattress Worth it? Final Verdict
The Puffy mattress is an excellent option for an average weight sleeper looking for mattress made from premium material. It’s ideal for average body types and can reduce joint pain or hip pain that some people experience on a mattress that isn’t the right firmness.
It has layers of foam which is suitable for most sleepers types. The original mattress works for a wide range of sleepers looking for the classic memory foam feel.
- A good choice if you’re looking for a comfortable mattress that won’t break the bank.
- A balance of support and pressure relief for side sleepers and back sleepers.
- Puffy was created with the goal of reducing pain and providing a conforming feel around pressure areas. You might like this mattress if you have pressure aches and pains and like the feel of memory foam.
- Motion isolation makes it a good option for couples.
- Might be too soft for some stomach sleepers.
- Heavier sleepers may want an innerspring mattress.
Where to Buy Puffy Mattress
Puffy Mattresses are available for direct purchase online on their website.
Puffy Mattress Coupon Code
Puffy usually has deals and discounts running all the time. The company is almost always has some sort of sale or promotion. Expect up to $250-$300 off the sticker price. Check Puffy’s website for current promotions and the latest discounts to see how much you can save.
Puffy Warranty & Return Policy
Puffy, unlike other companies, offers a lifetime warranty. It isn’t unheard of, but it certainly isn’t the norm. The majority of mattresses come with a 15-year warranty.
Puffy’s company policies are comparable to those of most businesses. Shipping and returns are both free. You have a trial period of 101 nights. The majority of businesses operate in the 100 to 180 day interval. Some companies, such as Casper and Nectar, provide you with a year’s worth of service. But don’t worry, you have 101 days to decide whether or not a Puffy bed is appropriate for you.
Where are Puffy mattresses made?
Puffy mattresses are designed and made in the USA with pride. To ensure you get premium quality mattresses to sleep on, Puffy uses the highest quality materials and construction processes.
Is the memory foam in Puffy mattresses CertiPUR-US® certified?
Only CertiPUR-US® certified materials are used in Puffy mattress foams. This means that no ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants, mercury, lead, and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, or phthalates are used in the production of these foams. They also have low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions, ensuring that they are completely safe to sleep on.
What are the weight and dimensions of Puffy mattresses?
Our products are available in every conventional mattress size in the United States. More information on the Puffy mattress dimensions and weights may be found on their website.
How long do Puffy Mattresses last?
The Puffy should be a rather lasting mattress, given its materials and all-foam design. Its lifespan will be determined by how frequently it is used and how heavy the sleeper is, but it should last at least 7 years.
Does the Puffy mattress sag?
It may sag sooner than a mattress with innerspring support, as with many all-foam beds. However, this mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, so if your old Puffy mattress begins to sag, you may be able to get a free replacement.
Can you flip a Puffy mattress?
Puffy mattresses are constructed in such a way that they never need to be flipped over. You can rotate them 180 degrees on occasion, although it is not necessary.
Are Puffy brand mattresses good?
For side sleepers weighing 200 pounds or fewer, the Puffy is an excellent alternative. The medium firmness will provide enough support and spinal alignment for them. However, heavier side sleepers may require a firmer mattress.
Do you need a boxspring with a Puffy mattress?
When you use the Puffy Foundation with your Puffy Mattress, you won’t need a box spring. The Puffy Foundation’s properly spaced and criss-crossed steel slats give the ideal blend of ventilation and support, extending the life of your mattress.
Where are Puffy mattresses shipped from?
Puffy mattresses are manufactured in the United States, compressed, rolled into a box (thus the name “bed-in-box mattress”), and distributed via FedEx.
How long has Puffy been in business?
Puffy was launched in 2016 and now offers three mattress options: the Puffy, Puffy Lux Hybrid, and Puffy Royal Hybrid. The original Puffy Mattress is made entirely of foam, however the Lux Hybrid and Royal Hybrid both have coil-based support systems.